Apple Services Engineering (ASE) is an exciting environment with a dynamic cloud development, deployment and operations organization. We're seeking an experienced technical program manager to drive projects related to the infrastructure, platform, networking, and large scale complex services that interact with the diverse Apple ecosystem of products, and many hundreds of millions of users.
The projects include creating highly performant and energy efficient systems that will power the next generation of data centers. You will be at the center of multiple efforts to apply hardware acceleration for high performance computing and machine learning workloads, while partnering with hardware teams as these efforts influence our future direction for hardware.
Are you excited about wearing multiple hats, delving deep into server-side cloud technology working with amazing engineering teams, engaging with the client teams to enable the next pipeline of features and swiftly leaping from user experiences to map what it means in terms of scale and performance? Are you excited about operating massively large services? You can wear all these hats in ASE.
We seek strong fundamentals, but desire more. You take ownership and feel personally accountable for the features you ship and team partnership. You communicate responsibilities and scope clearly, value integrity and always maintain an open mind. You handle conflict gracefully, while building your network of strong relationships. You have a curious mind to know how things work. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring clarity and focus while rapidly striding forward in a fast paced environment.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- At least 5 years of technical project management in software development and deployment for cloud environments
- Previous technical and project management experience working on large programs
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starter, self-motivated, focused, self-sufficient
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; plan and track and progress meetings)
- Strong technical proficiency: cloud architecture, development and deployment, databases, build & release systems, and bonus points for past programming experience
As a program manager in ASE, you will partner with engineers, system reliability engineers, marketing, legal, security/privacy to launch and operate features that surprise and delight our end-users and developers. This is not a task-based job; you will drive successful outcomes and delivery.
We are looking for people with proven track records, depth and breadth in leading and shipping complex programs under demanding timelines. We seek a hands on technical program manager with a strong project management toolkit, who can get elbow deep in defining requirements, coordinate technical design discussions among multiple teams/partners, navigate conflict and ambiguity to execute the project to a committed timeline.
--Drive the meetings needed to establish and document the scope of the project. The EPM is expected to have an informed perspective on what should be included / excluded as a partner with the Engineering Manager (EM)
--Plan and maintain the cross-functional schedule for the program, establishing milestones, achievements, and work breakdowns using established templates
--Schedule, publish agendas, run, and summarize decisions / action items for meetings where EPM involvement is needed with stakeholders, teams and cross-functional partners
--Partner with the EM to ensure the work is prioritized to meet the project expectations and offer data and planning expertise for working through prioritization challenges
--Participate and facilitate teams working through technical challenges and decisions. Remain curious to understand and be able to represent the overall system design independently
--Establish and document known risks, dependencies, and other information central to the project as required
--Partner with the EM as an informed product / service / framework stakeholder to participate in feature ideas, insights, and feedback
--Partner with System Reliability Engineers (SRE) on operations, deployments, capacity plans, and overall service quality
--Drive the collaboration with other teams within the org and across Apple including Security, Legal, Privacy and Finance
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $150,000 and $230,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.