At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and great opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day.
Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a hard-working, independent engineer with proven track record in the area of transmitter systems engineering. Our elite team crafts the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality.
Come and deliver groundbreaking transmit architectures and solutions for Apple’s wireless products that enable a unique customer experience!
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- - 7+ years of relevant experience in RF, including cellular transmit architectures.
- - Solid background in digital signal processing with key expertise in digital filter design, RF signal processing, parameter estimation and adaptive algorithms.
- - Understanding and modelling of analog impairments and development of digital pre-distortion algorithms.
- - Proven track record on efficient implementation of signal processing algorithms in digital hardware, especially with respect to critical metrics like power consumption, die area and testability.
- - You have in-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on transmit system specifications.
- - Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are essential to have.
In this role, you will be the best-in-class cellular RFSE Team. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams and SW teams. You’ll drive digital implementations and digital innovations of cellular transmitters with uncompromised focus on groundbreaking performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from driven solutions.
Your daily work includes the following tasks:
- Translate system level- and performance requirements into requirements for the TX system including the breakdown to block level and component level.
- Analyze the transmit chain by means of simulations (e.g. MATLAB, ADS) and level plan analysis.
- Identify and analyze critical requirements and provide deep dive assessments with respect to metric impact, timeline and risks.
- Specification of digital architectures for RF transmitters with focus on data path and its configurability.
- Develop signal processing algorithms with focus on efficient implementation in digital hardware.
- Simulation and verification of digital TX lineups.
- Close collaboration with digital design and firmware development teams: handover of specifications, reference models and block diagrams, and KPI analysis of DSP blocks.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant experience.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $161,000 and $278,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.