Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no limit to what you could accomplish!
The Safari & Webkit QA Team is looking for a passionate and experienced Config/Release Engineer that can help drive and optimize the release process for Safari updates. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a passion for automation and software development processes.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a release engineering and/or configuration management role (DevOps, SRE, SDET, SWE)
- Expertise working with engineering and project management teams, which requires excellent communication and coordination skills
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Expertise in testing, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Expertise with SCM systems (git preferred), release engineering, branching strategies, pull requests, git workflows, etc
- Have a strong desire to write tools and applications to automate work where ever possible.
- Exercise critical thinking skills - find multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate tradeoffs, and decide the best approach
- Be an independent learner, highly curious, and know when to ask for help
- Must be comfortable working and thriving in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
As an engineer on Safari & Webkit QA team, you will be directly responsible for working with Program managers on scheduling Safari updates, review and optimize the current release process, run system configuration, solving build issues and partnering with appropriate teams to get timely resolution. You will also help develop tools to improve the productivity of the development and QA teams as well as collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive/improve the integration and release process at Apple. Your strategic goals will be to identify and automate operational tasks, streamline our processes to scale, and to identify and fix process gaps that could help the release process and increase QA efficiency.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $113,500 and $207,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.