The Leidos Cybersecurity, Architecture, and Engineering (CAE) organization has an immediate opening for an experienced, and motivated Cybersecurity Azure Cloud Engineer Sr. This role can be supported remotely or from one of the following locations: Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA or Orlando, FL.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering Team (CAE), the Cybersecurity Azure Cloud Engineer Sr is primarily responsible for guiding processes, standards, and requirements for secure tenant designs and architectures. This will also include non-Microsoft cloud service providers and how they interact with Leidos. The role requires a solid foundation in Microsoft tooling and configurations spanning M365 services, Azure Active Directory (AAD), MS Azure IaaS implementations, and Identity and Access Management (IAM) principles. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include design validation, compliance, and communicating architectures that adhere to regulatory requirements and Leidos best practices. There are a lot of opportunities for creativity and innovation as you work with industry leading, enterprise grade security products, to develop solutions.
- Work with Leidos Corporate customers to understand their needs and design appropriate environment controls to provide solutions that adhere to security standards.
- Provide expertise regarding Microsoft 365, Azure, Azure AD, APIs, and security best practices.
- Provide technical governance and regulatory compliance validation for Leidos environments.
- Assess systems architectures currently in place and work with technical staff to recommend cybersecurity controls to improve it.
- Resolve technical security design issues as commercial enterprise solutions and business needs evolve.
- Continually research current and emerging security technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Work closely with fellow Cybersecurity Architects and Engineers on our team with different areas of expertise (Networking, Endpoint, Application, Cloud, Mobile, etc.). Leverage their support in solving complex M365 and Identity challenges to include secure remote, international, and mobile access.
- Develop a set of reference architectures over time that can be used across customer engagements.
- Adapt these models to keep up to date with regulator standards (e.g. NIST 800-171, CMMC, Privacy, among others).
- Lead design validation, compliance, and communicating architectures that adhere to regulatory requirements and Leidos best practices.
- Responsibilities may include other cloud platforms and SaaS integration.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of experience in Information Technology with a real passion for the Cybersecurity field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship. Individuals do not need to possess any clearance today.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying security solutions that meet customer requirements
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A self-starter who can execute at the senior engineering level using a combination of learned skills, personal networking, and grit to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with the capabilities and APIs of Microsoft tenant (M365, Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrated experience managing, securing, and deploying Azure resources including Azure AD, Management Groups, Subscriptions, Network Security Groups, and other common Azure services.
- Experience with industry standard virtualized networking components (Cloud application firewalls, Cloud Services Routers, Cloud Gateways, etc.).
- Experience within common enterprise cloud applications SaaS (M365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Demonstrate poise and creativity while working with other architects in different domain spaces to come to a common solution.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of security products and ability to conduct analysis of alternatives to onboard new enterprise capabilities.
All of the below are not requirements but would bring significant value to the team. No candidate is expected to have all of the below:
- Experience and comfort in taking strategic intents and driving technical organizational change
- Experience authoring enterprise cloud security policies or establishing an enterprise cloud security strategy.
- Demonstrated experience managing, securing, and deploying Microsoft / Azure Business-to-Business (B2B) connections.
- Demonstrated experience deploying/operating Microsoft Identity enterprise technologies (AD/GPOs/ADFS).
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication for SaaS applications.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Certifications.
- Experience as a Solution Architect designing, reviewing, and securing environments.
- Information security experience such as a DoD and/or Intelligence Community employee or contractor would be a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience in DFARS; NIST 800-53
- Knowledge and experience in AWS
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.