About the Role
Our Operations teams work where Uber's technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations teams, and we own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
The team's mission is to use data and operational levers to ensure that drivers in Northern Europe have the best possible experience joining Uber and driving with Uber. This is a complex task that requires tackling operational and product challenges. You'll use analytical and operational knowledge to improve decision making and impact business outcomes, working on projects that could span across an array of topics ranging from driver acquisition/engagement, driver experience and product feature launches.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Work to continuously improve the driver experience for all drivers in Northern Europe
- Project management and execution - Plan and project manage multiple projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
- Data Analyses - Use data to improve decision making and impact business outcomes across Northern Europe
- Problem Solving - Solve business challenges by identifying the root cause and implementing effective solutions
- Cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management - Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support and, in some cases, manage external partners
- Product - Collaborate closely with our product teams to test and roll out new features or products that improve the Uber app
- In addition, you will also contribute on an ad-hoc basis to the other dimensions of Operations (e.g., for a specific project)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in project management, data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment
- Strong project management skills - the ability to prioritise and successfully drive a project from beginning to end - no matter what
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Cross-functional teamwork - you will partner with a range of local and regional teams including Business Development, Legal, Product, Marketing, Central Operations, Customer Experience, Regulatory Operations and Cities to launch initiatives
- Desire to work with product and technical teams to develop products critical to our operations
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and implement quickly
- Resourceful, go getter - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to add value for the business and designed processes, analysis and operations that can scale
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- SQL knowledge preferred (and if not, must be willing to learn it as this will quickly form part of your day-to-day)
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.