Discovery Education is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our marketing team. The Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Creative Manager to produce high-quality work that is on-brand. This position will work collaboratively within the creative and marketing team to ideate and execute on creative strategies that meet department goals.
This role will sit in our Charlotte NC headquarters with a hybrid schedule.
What You Will Do
The specific details of the graphic designer’s role will vary depending on the project, but common activities include:
- Producing creative, effective designs for print and digital spaces that align with our brand.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Communicating with project stakeholders to receive feedback.
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
- Enforcing brand standards throughout the company.
- Developing illustrations, logos, and other graphical elements.
- Collaborating with the Social Media Strategist to own the creative process for social media and produce impactful designs aimed at conversion.
A graphic designer needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- BFA in Graphic Design or similar field.
- Exceptional portfolio reflecting experience in digital design, print design, and branding.
- Basic understanding of web design and UI/UX.
- Experience creating advertisements for a variety of platforms, including social and paid media.
- Basic knowledge in animation, motion graphics, and illustration are a plus.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Creative industry experience or a background of working as part of a design team is a plus.
- The ability to see projects through from concept to handoff.
- Good organizational and project management skills that support the rest of the team.
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards.
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- 2+ years of experience.
Adeptness with leading design software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Figma is a plus.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.