Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Computer science background: SOLID (object-oriented design), functional programming, software design patterns.
- Familiar with both hardware (e.g. FPGA) and software development lifecycles and best practices.
- Familiar with Windows, MacOS, Linux/Unix.
- Basic understanding of various optical and electrical metrology systems: digital multimeter (DMM), source measurement unit (SMU), photodiode, colorimeter, spectrometer, camera.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve various hardware or software related issues.
- Able to collaborate in an agile R&D environment and open to learn new technologies.
- Bonus: basic understanding of linear algebra, e.g. constructing matrix transformations using standard basis.
- Bonus: Electrical engineering background, e.g. analog circuit design, LED device physics, micro fabrication processes.
Work with a multi-discipline team to create the front and back-end software to characterize and test electro-optical systems by integrating multiple metrology systems.
Work with electrical engineering teams to modify or create new software interfaces for FPGA communication.
Maintain the software backend responsible for ingesting/extracting data to and from multiple databases (SQL/NoSQL) in Python.
Develop ETL data pipelines to generates post process data, metrics, and reports.
Work with product and process engineers to develop data visualization software and identify metrics that can provide insight in performance and reliability gaps.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
Master or bachelor’s degree in CE, CS, EE or related field
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.