For over two decades, Entertainment Retail Enterprises has been the leading design and distribution company in destination retail. We provide development and manufacturing of private label merchandise for some of the most iconic brands and retailers in the world. In 2019, ERE acquired our first in-house brand, Legendary Whitetails. With the acquisition of this brand and several other new accounts, we are recruiting a Product Developer. We are looking for an experienced designer/product developer who also has a strong knowledge in concept and technical design. The Product Developer is responsible for managing the initial development of our concepts & color stories and overseeing the workflows of the concept-to-consumer design process.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and edit tech packs, documenting fit comments, specs and bill of materials
- Collaborates to understand the design concept/vision and influence changes as needed to help ensure the product fit, function, and delivery
- Research markets, trends, raw material, and fabrics.
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards specific to customer briefs
- Have ability to contribute to new prints and new interesting silhouettes
- Consistently work on inspiration and ideas for current and following collection
- Own the WIP and communicate with teams overseas to ensure it is being upheld and make sure we are meeting all critical dates/deadlines.
- Approving lab dips, trims, strike-offs, bulk fabrics swatches, Pre-production/TOP samples, care labels, label positioning, packing type before production commences.
- Manage product lifecycle from creation to final production
- Maintain daily communication with overseas to resolve costing, quality and product development issues
- Implement strategies and procedures to ensure consistency of fit, construction, quality and costs
- Manage flow of information related to fit process such as tracking samples, updating tech pack, with fit comments, and communicating with overseas counterparts.
- Adhere to all apparel and development timelines by meeting all due dates with 100% complete design tech packs
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in apparel design, product development, retail merchandising or related field, or a combination of college education and related work experience preferred
- Must have 6 years experience in design/product development
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel and PLM
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to frequent change and high pressure
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Very motivated, with positive attitude while working with a sense of urgency
- Required be proactive and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge in garment construction and fabric construction
- Good understanding of price points and the financial aspect of designing.
- Previous expertise of woven and knit design – embellishment, layout development, and garment construction
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong follow up skills.
- Ability to manage & follow through on a task from start to finish within a specified timeline without supervision. Please include examples of design work or a link to an online portfolio to demonstrate sketching and CAD ability if available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Apopka, FL 32703: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Product development: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: In person